• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

E-PL5 first light - 03/11/18 M45

2 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

looking good kev ,that's a lot of time taking Darks have you thought of dithering 

I have, and i do, Dave.

I'm not sure of it's efficacy in my case, as my mount guides in RA only - Dec axis is fixed, and hence disabled in PHD2. There also appears to be zero PC-based remote tethering options for my Olympus, too (intervalometer only). So no APT or BYEos.

That said, there is a guy on SGL who has collaborated with Sky-Watcher to develop a dithering firmware for my mount. But when I IM'ed him about it, the impression that I got was, with the mount firing the shutter, subs would be time-limited to whatever the mount's camera trigger interval is. I presumed this to be 100s, as stated in the owner's manual, which to me defeats the purpose of guiding.

I could be wrong though, so maybe I might look into it again.

• Like 1