• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Stargazing at Erewash museum 17th November

We will again be at the Erewash museum for a night of stargazing on the 17th of November. This is a free event, and suitable for all ages. If you have an interest in the night sky, or just fancy a look through a telescope, please come along and join us. Gate opens slightly earlier this year due to the success of this event in previous years. Gates open at 6pm and we will be there until 9pm. Please wrap up warm and bring some clear skies with you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like it may be clear tonight, so we could have a big crowd at Erewash Museum.  Fingers crossed for clear skies!  Starts at 6pm and carries on till 9pm.  The Cool Science guy will also be there doing all his usual "bangs and wizzes".  Refreshments will be available, along with a sweet shop, and a gin bar! Too much of this though may make you see double stars! 

Cheers

Monmouth3817

Well that was a really busy night. Final count was over 700 people!! Only got to look at a few objects, but along with cool science a few displays and a talk everyone seemed happy. Thanks to all the members for helping out and thanks to everyone that attended. 

• Like 2

Yes, a really busy night!  Nearly lost my voice from all the talking I did.  Everyone seemed to have a good time, and from talking to many people (adults and children), they all seemed to have got a look at the Moon or Mars.  A big thanks to all the IDAS members who came along to help out - we really needed it last night.

I had my doubts in regards to the gin bar, but actually it turned out to be a really good idea, and we didn't have lots of drunk adults looking through the telescopes.  ☺️

There's just enough time to recover, until our next event at Elvaston Castle on November 30th.  More about that event shortly.

Regards

Monmouth3817

• Like 2