• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Guiding woes again

Bottletopburly

4 hours ago, Graham said:

Any joy???  

Not been back out yet Graham, will update status on next outing ?☹️

On 14/11/2018 at 05:55, Graham said:

Any joy???  

Last nights guiding was more fruitful graham,at first same problem  failed to move star ,went into brain icon phd2 >algorithms> Backlash compensation set to North  reset to Auto , cleared calibration data >reset on guiding voila > 27 steps west then calibrated east >11 steps north >guiding ,i did try 300s but stars started to look a bit eggy, knocked back to 120s seemed fine later tried 160 sec again looked ok ,anyway faffing about was done with,  i need data so Ngc 225 Sailboat cluster  got about an hour and a half of data ,also done a recalibration and got half hour of M42 , autofocuser worked ,Dithering worked ,that saved a lot of time , platsolving bang on and GOTO ++ in APT working a treat oh and i snuck in a few subs of uranus will astrometry that later and see if it was , i will look at phd log later and post ,PA done using Sharpcap PA , Bias frames and flats taken ,processing will tell if things have been more fruitful