• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Roundabout maniac

Bottletopburly

Driving home came across a car driving around the roundabout the wrong way -footage contains expletives sorry (mods let me know if it breaks rules )

Roundabout maniac

19 minutes ago, Doc said:

Foreigner over here visiting family for Christmas and had a lapse of attention.

18 minutes ago, Ron Clarke said:

Just a foreigner I expect!! 

Absolutely, came out from industrial site 

I've never quite done anything as extreme as that but I often got confused when returning from business trips abroad.

One thing is universal worldwide: Bad driving is everywhere.

Some of it is psychological, as being in a car causes many of us to become aggressive. I also believe that apart from safety and the fear of being nicked that there are few incentives to encourage people to be good drivers. The worst that happens following most bad driving incidents are a headlight flash and a V-sign.

I learned early on that shouting at bad drivers had zero effect and that I would face the same number the next week.

For sheer lunacy, Turkey must be the worst. If I didn't witness an accident or evidence of one on the way to work, I wondered if it was a bank holiday.

Going round a roundabout the wrong way is just sheer stupidity, but I think there is generally a lot more bad driving around coming up to Christmas. I think people are distracted and in a rush at the moment, often not properly aware of what is happening around them. I've witnessed three silly bumps in just the past week on my travels, nothing serious thankfully, but causing loads of unwanted hassle and paperwork.

Keep your wits about you and your distance from the Christmas zombie's driving the same road as you.

Edited by Tweedledee

On 21/12/2018 at 10:59, Tweedledee said:

Going round a roundabout the wrong way is just sheer stupidity, but I think there is generally a lot more bad driving around coming up to Christmas. I think people are distracted and in a rush at the moment, often not properly aware of what is happening around them. I've witnessed three silly bumps in just the past week on my travels, nothing serious thankfully, but causing loads of unwanted hassle and paperwork.

Keep your wits about you and your distance from the Christmas zombie's driving the same road as you.

I honestly believe that drink-driving is far higher at Christmas.