• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Busy night last night.

I spent a couple of hours last evening fine tuning the settings on my set up and have now arrived at a point where I think it is pretty much there.

Had 42 'hits' from midnight up to now including the largest and most spectacular one to date.

Here are but a few of them.

event190101002530.jpg?raw=1

event190101023819.jpg?raw=1

event190101024415.jpg?raw=1

event190101031128.jpg?raw=1

event190101033424.jpg?raw=1

event190101045821.jpg?raw=1

event190101051120.jpg?raw=1

event190101051318.jpg?raw=1

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tweedledee said:

Wow! Looks like that big one lasted about 18 seconds! ?

Bit more than that Pete.

The vertical marker bars are 20 seconds apart which makes it a shade under 40 seconds in duration. ? 

1 minute ago, Graham said:

Bit more than that Pete.

The vertical marker bars are 20 seconds apart which makes it a shade under 40 seconds in duration. ? 

Yes, I'm useless with maths. ?

Just set up a second monitor so I can keep the display on all the time using that one leaving the main monitor for all this other stuff.

It also means I can keep the mouse away from it stopping me from causing mayhem to the set up ?

Isn't modern technology wonderful ( Well until it goes wrong ? )

Edited by Graham

44 minutes ago, Graham said:

Just set up a second monitor so I can keep the display on all the time using that one leaving the main monitor for all this other stuff.

It also means I can keep the mouse away from it stopping me from causing mayhem to the set up ?

Isn't modern technology wonderful ( Well until it goes wrong ? )

One day Graham, you're going to scare yourself watching that screen. The whole screen will brighten with bright orange flame top to bottom and you'll be looking for a basement to hide in quick. Hopefully it will just be a Windows glitch. ?☄️

If you're on the opposite side of your massive fork mount, you'll probably survive. ?

Edited by Tweedledee