• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS Needs You!

Perkil8r

Or more specifically, the Stargazing Live event at the Long Eaton School on January 30th needs you!

We're again looking for members willing to help out and support the event with scopes and other equipment on display and a few set up outside if clear. The event is on January 30th (a week tomorrow) and is open to the public from 6pm-9pm

Setting up is from 4.30pm onwards. If you are willing to help support this and help promote EMS and Astronomy in general then please let me know.

IDAS will be there, as too will Cool Science, Astrosphere (Ibbo) and of course the school will have other hands on activities. Light snacks and drinks will be available. The guest speaker for the main hall at approx. 7pm will be Paul Money. 

Happy to help out. 

Prefer to be outside (weather permitting) and can bring a C9.25 and a pair of big binoculars.

I'd best turn up then.???

Have you got a poster I can put up on SGL and my Faceache page?

Edited by Ibbo

Thanks for the replies, I'll compile a list as numbers grow. 

I'm hoping to do the poster tonight or tomorrow. as yet we still don't have any software back on the system at work from the "improvement " to IT in September! 

56 minutes ago, Perkil8r said:

Thanks for the replies, I'll compile a list as numbers grow. 

I'm hoping to do the poster tonight or tomorrow. as yet we still don't have any software back on the system at work from the "improvement " to IT in September! 

Oh well played IT drpt.

Any more takers? 

The "w" is looking favorable. 

Setting up is from 4.30 onwards with doors opening at 6pm. 

On 22/01/2019 at 13:44, bryand said:

Happy to help out. 

Prefer to be outside (weather permitting) and can bring a C9.25 and a pair of big binoculars.

That would be most appreciated, thank you. 

My mount is in Italy so can’t really bring a set up as the other set up is too big 

sorry. Thought it might be back but no news as yet from 10 micron

7 minutes ago, Sheila said:

My mount is in Italy so can’t really bring a set up as the other set up is too big 

sorry. Thought it might be back but no news as yet from 10 micron

You'd still be more than welcome, I can find an sct for you to display or use?  Or a table with some of your images on or a laptop perhaps?.... 

I will find some images to throw on a table but would not be able to use an SCT, it will have an eyepiece on it  LOL

Would have no idea what i was looking at ?  Will see you there

1 hour ago, Sheila said:

I will find some images to throw on a table but would not be able to use an SCT, it will have an eyepiece on it  LOL

Would have no idea what i was looking at ?  Will see you there

I will show you where the eyepiece thingey goes Sheila ?

Thank you to Bryan, Phil & Sheila for coming along last night, much appreciated. Sadly not a huge turn out of punters but those who did come along seemed to enjoy it. 

A big thanks also to Andy and the IDAS lads who also helped out, it's always a pleasure to see you there. 

Thanks to Ibbo and his dome as always. 

Next year may well break from the norm, I already have a master plan buzzing about in my head. And as for 2021, that is set to be out 10th event so expect something spectacular then! 

Edited by tuckstar
Wrong name!
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shame there was a lack of public but it was nice to get out and have a natter.

Has EMS got a banner? Me and Sheila were sat there with nothing to indicate who we were, I did ask around for pen/marker and paper to make one up but folks were otherwise engaged.