• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello. Newbie here ?

Bruce

Hello nice people. I've always been interested in astronomy and I've had a few telescopes in the past but nothing to great so always sold them. But I have a new one coming, celestron skymaster 130EQ. Not brilliant but I've heard they're good for the money.  Just ordered some better eye peices and a Barlow lens which all came in a nice package. I'm thinking of getting a better tripod for it soon, I was thinking of a sky watcher EQ3 deluxe. What does everyone think? Thanks!

?

18 minutes ago, Bruce said:

Hello nice people. I've always been interested in astronomy and I've had a few telescopes in the past but nothing to great so always sold them. But I have a new one coming, celestron skymaster 130EQ. Not brilliant but I've heard they're good for the money.  Just ordered some better eye peices and a Barlow lens which all came in a nice package. I'm thinking of getting a better tripod for it soon, I was thinking of a sky watcher EQ3 deluxe. What does everyone think? Thanks!

?

Sorry,  it's a celestron astromaster 130EQ

Hi Bruce. Welcome to the Forum. I started with a The skywatcher 130 which gave me good views and inspired me to keep looking up. 

Hi Craig, a warm welcome to the forum.

That's a good scope to be going on with and will show you a good few of the fantastic objects up there. Grab yourself a star atlas to help find your way round, or one of the many apps out there that do well. Make yourself at home and have a mooch round. You will always be welcome to pop along to one of the meets and say hi.

Hi Craig and welcome to EMS ?

If you haven't already done it then download Stellarium. It's free and it shows you everything that's in the sky over your location (or any location) 24hrs a day.

welcome to the forum, i started with a skywatcher 130p, great scope, did some webcam imaging with it on the Moon, Saturn and Jupiter, i see your a cyclist too, another hobby of mine although not done much in the last year.