• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

USB Hubs

RonC

My USB hub is playing up, only 2 of the 4 USB ports working (it is 4 years old!).

What hubs are people using please??

Ron

Thanks guys, I think I'll go for the Startech one!

Is it 12v powered Steve?

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke

i use this one ron an Orico 

12v usb3 hub 10 port

usb3 for future proofing 12v 10 port not that you need that many , also has a 5v 2.1 A usb socket on the end , 

4 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

i use this one ron an Orico 

usb3 for future proofing 12v 10 port not that you need that many , also has a 5v 2.1 A usb socket on the end , 

You have me confused David.

You say it has a 5v 2.1A usb socket on the end? What are the other 10 sockets? Surely they would also be 5v 2.1A. I must be missing something. ?

5 hours ago, Tweedledee said:

You have me confused David.

You say it has a 5v 2.1A usb socket on the end? What are the other 10 sockets? Surely they would also be 5v 2.1A. I must be missing something. ?

It’s only for charging Pete , phone etc not transferring data a lot of hubs have them ,I think ? don’t take as gospel usb sockets are 1amp or there abouts, my sockets are blue that single one is red .