• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Alan Heath, 12th of Feb. Hayloft meet.

Tuesday the 12th of Feb will be our next formal meeting at Erewash museum's Hayloft. We will be welcoming along Alan Heath who will be giving a talk about visual planetary observing. Alan is a great speaker with a wealth of knowledge. Please come along if you can. As always doors open at 7pm for a 7:30pm start. Tea, coffee and biscuits available at £1 a cup.

• Like 1

That's a name I remember from my teenage years. Does he still have an obsy in Long Eaton? Used to be big on Saturn I think. ?

Don't know if he still has an observatory, but it's definitely him. He is an honorary member of IDAS.

I enjoyed Alan Heath’s talk this evening. The detail of his observations are incredible and his observational drawings, done at the eyepiece, were amazing. Thanks Andy