• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Idas D2 first light

Bottletopburly

16 minutes ago, Smithysteve said:

A promising first light David, ?

Yes definitely better with than without, the brown murk I had been so used to has gone ,I was intending to try the 130pds on Orion but could not fathom out why no picture was ahowing wasn’t until I swapped to the 200pds realised I had preview off in APT, never mind , guiding seemed to behave , and I was intending to try ngc 2903 in Leo as it seems a nice sized target for the 200pds got a few subs then the wispy clouds rolled in , orientation could have been better on Orion but to be honest it’s a tad big for the fov on the 200pds hence why I was going to try the 130pds.

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Just brought a second hand Idas D2 David.

Nice what size did to get 

2" 

I'm assured its in mint nick, and paid £120 for it : i think a new one is £180 or £190 ??

How have you found yours in comparison to other light pollution filters you have used before...???

5 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

2" 

I'm assured its in mint nick, and paid £120 for it : i think a new one is £180 or £190 ??

How have you found yours in comparison to other light pollution filters you have used before...???

Bargain I only ever had a cheap skywatcher lps it was not very good this one for me is a huge  difference for me as our county is all led street lights so yes , only trouble I encountered but turned out to not be caused by filter was halo around stars , in DSS in cosmetic tab I had hot and cold pixel on ,now unchecked problem solved so if you use DSS uncheck that setting .i have heard of halos using idas2 I think this is the problem without the filter never noticed halo stars before it’s just a quick remedy to cure it.

• Thanks 1