• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M42

Bottletopburly

34 minutes ago, Graham said:

That's coming along nicely 

Cheers graham, what’s really the minimum time on a target graham , obviously the more the merrier 

Do you do all your processing in startools? I tend to do the final colour and tweaking in CS2 or now it will be CS6 now I've managed to get a copy. I find the colour a bit difficult to manage in startools. Some short exposures for the trapezium will add loads to this. 

Edited by dave.hardy2

Yes I only use startools, I find ps too frustrating and complicated I need to work on using colour in startools 

8 minutes ago, dave.hardy2 said:

Do you do all your processing in startools? I tend to do the final colour and tweaking in CS2 or now it will be CS6 now I've managed to get a copy. I find the colour a bit difficult to manage in startools. Some short exposures for the trapezium will add loads to this. 

but need decent data first then if I struggle I will ask Ivo , I have processed really good data in startools that I downloaded of a yahoo group and color isn’t an issue it’s purely down to having enough data 

Data is King or Queen. But I love startools it's so easy to use. Looks like we are going to be blessed a couple of clear skies this week and it's my last night shift so I'll even be off woo hoo.

Probably won’t get out for a week or two mother-in-law passed away and that’s been stressful for the wife hopefully after next week things will calm down Yes  I love startools a very powerful program, simple enough  to use for the beginner, and like anything if you have a better understanding what it can do then you’ll reap the rewards, there is a uk chap Richard Konrad he really good using startools he is on Flickr and is a prominent poster on the yahoo group worth a look  , here is an image he processed from yahoo group  click on image to go to Flick

57 minutes ago, dave.hardy2 said:

Data is King or Queen. But I love startools it's so easy to use. Looks like we are going to be blessed a couple of clear skies this week and it's my last night shift so I'll even be off woo hoo.

m31-Jim_Misti

Edited by Bottletopburly

My condolences to you and your family. 

That is impressive I'm still learning but then aren't we all. I'll have a look. Thanks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dave.hardy2 said:

My condolences to you and your family. 

That is impressive I'm still learning but then aren't we all. I'll have a look. Thanks.

Thanks Dave

• Like 1