• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

RA all fitted

Graham

Looks mightily impressive Graham.

Forgive the question : how do you align it with the NCP ?

And how do you make adjustments if you need to ?

8 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

Looks mightily impressive Graham.

Forgive the question : how do you align it with the NCP ?

And how do you make adjustments if you need to ?

I have Polar aligned it using an adapter that I made which fitted into the bearing housings each end of the RA body.

This was done a couple of days ago and checked again last night prior to fitting the RA shaft.

If I need to make any adjustments the entire mount can rotate on top of the pier.

The Lat angle for polar alignment was cut exactly correct on the mount base for my location.

I can if needed ( which it is not ) also adjust this angle on the base plate / pier top connection.

• Thanks 1

Just in case anyone wonders what the hole is in the center of the shaft below the tension nut it is for a nice domed end that I will turn up on the lathe.

This will then screw into this already tapped hole.

It wont actually do anything except finish the shaft off with a decent looking finish.