• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Belper 26th February

philjay

A lovely report Phil, I enjoyed the read. You mangaed some objects often overlooked, I haven't seen them in many years. Also Phil your binocular scope is really nice and looks very well made. the view was very pleasent and enjoyable.

Thanks chaps, it was a good couple of hours. The problem is having now tried some of Robs posh eyepieces in the double ed80s a couple of times I know it can deliver better views. So a mate for my 18mm delite may be on the horizon ?

Phil : i actually prefer the Delite range to the Naglers which i always find to be a little tight in the eye relief department.

I had a good chat with David Nagler himself the other week, about eyepieces in general and he said they are selling

more of these 20mm eye relief lenses than the Nagler type.

He set me a pair of 15mm Delites up and i tried them out on his Tv 85 with bino.

Very nice and comfortable, designed by Paul Dellechiaie himself, i was very impressed with them.

Because i perceived that 62º Fov was a bit small i'd kind of overlooked them. A mistake. They are perfect for binoviewing.

I may sell my N13s at some point if you are interested.

Great report. Glad the binos are working well, it must be very satisfying after all the work you put into them. ?