• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Practical Astronomy Show

I see this is coming up this weekend (apologies if i'ts been mentioned elsewhere).

Any folk from our little community heading down?

I don't really need anything, but I quite fancy attending one or two of the talks, if I can get a space.

I'll be there.

Free to get in and free talks, it should be good.

I just hope its not crazy busy.

I'm looking forward to seeing Damien Peach again.

I've seen him before at the IAS 2 or 3 years ago and he was very good, and has a great sense of humour.

I don't really need anything either, but i'll probably come away with something....i usually do.

On 03/03/2019 at 23:07, Bino-viewer said:

I just hope its not crazy busy.

That's my fear too, Rob.

I'd really like to get a ticket for the Robin Glover talk at 2, but it sounds like you may need to arrive early doors to have a shot at getting a seat.

Might bump into you both down there, at some point!

Yes Kev.....hopefully see you there at some point ?

The talks all look very good.

I'm hoping to see Talks 1, 2, 5 and 6.

Maybe not all 4, but if there are seats available hopefully yes.

Looks like its first come, first served, so yes, the earlier you get there, the better.

I'm hoping to get there by about 09:15- 09:20 sort of time, assuming the trains are running ok.

But i have not ruled out going earlier, then having a bit of breakfast in Kettering before the show starts,

and getting to the venue at the start of play.

I would have been going if I wasn't off to Scotland tomorrow. Maybe next year. Will be interested to hear what you all think to this show. Have a great time. ?

allan the plumber, i.e. Allan and myself will be attending, last minute organization as i`ve managed day off work.

looking for a nice ascom focus controller, very interested in an ZWO asi 183 as well, but can`t make my mind up on the one, the talk about Deep Sky CMOS Imaging looks interesting.

Edited by red dwalf
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Turned out to be as busy as I thought, and sadly I couldn't quite get there as early as I'd liked. 

Missed out on the Dr. Robin Glover talk (big thanks to Derbyshire Dave for unearthing a fantastic video of the lecture on YouTube - his findings really are quite an eye opener) but got a space at the Damien Peach talk.

No purchases, but I was only there for the lectures, anyway.

• Like 1