• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Visual Session, Spring Galaxies. And bits and bobs...

Smithysteve

You had a good night there Steve, an excellent read too. I like the inclusion of the screengrabs as well, much more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

I used to love scanning all the virgo galaxies when I had my 16" dob. Thanks for great report and a lovely read, I really enjoyed it.

• Like 1

Sounds like you had a great time.

Loads of useful information in that write up.

Thank you

• Like 1

Nice report there Steve.

You're seeing stuff that i couldn't hope to see from my light polluted back yard ; i'd need to be up at Belper to stand a chance.

Good to hear the 16" is performing well ?

• Like 1

The Leo and Virgo galaxies appear as smudgy patches where they are supposed to be in my modest equipment but I have seen M65 and M66 at a star party (my suggestion!) and they were enjoyed by all.

Thanks for all your kind, encouraging remarks! ?

Good opportunities for a decent viewing session have seemed to be a bit thin on the ground over the autumn and winter period. In fact I have managed to get out and see stuff more often in the last month than all the several months before... it is what it is and we live in hope!

I am still having my fuss out with the 16” and I am loving it! It is great on galaxies, globs, open clusters and Nebulae, surprisingly I have not had a serious session on the moon with it yet and I am waiting to see how it will perform on the planets, Saturn and Jupiter in particular. I suspect my Meade 10” will prove better, so I am looking forward to using them both for comparisons when the time comes.

cheers! ?