We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Smithysteve

Visual Session, Spring Galaxies. And bits and bobs...

BAZ

You had a good night there Steve, an excellent read too. I like the inclusion of the screengrabs as well, much more interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Doc

I used to love scanning all the virgo galaxies when I had my 16" dob. Thanks for great report and a lovely read, I really enjoyed it.

Graham

Sounds like you had a great time.

Loads of useful information in that write up.

Thank you

Bino-viewer

Nice report there Steve.

You're seeing stuff that i couldn't hope to see from my light polluted back yard ; i'd need to be up at Belper to stand a chance.

Good to hear the 16" is performing well 😊

Sunny Phil

The Leo and Virgo galaxies appear as smudgy patches where they are supposed to be in my modest equipment but I have seen M65 and M66 at a star party (my suggestion!) and they were enjoyed by all.

Smithysteve

Thanks for all your kind, encouraging remarks! 👍

Good opportunities for a decent viewing session have seemed to be a bit thin on the ground over the autumn and winter period. In fact I have managed to get out and see stuff more often in the last month than all the several months before... it is what it is and we live in hope!

I am still having my fuss out with the 16” and I am loving it! It is great on galaxies, globs, open clusters and Nebulae, surprisingly I have not had a serious session on the moon with it yet and I am waiting to see how it will perform on the planets, Saturn and Jupiter in particular. I suspect my Meade 10” will prove better, so I am looking forward to using them both for comparisons when the time comes.

cheers! 👍