We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Bottletopburly

modified flats panel

Bottletopburly

i wasn't happy with the fixing on the flats panel so picked up a scope cover on astrobuy and took out the middle and siliconed onto perspex  ,need to black the outer part but will be a snug fit now 

Flats panel mod

Bottletopburly
1 hour ago, Graham said:

Thats a neat solution.

I like it

i stretched  my flats in apt flats aid and to one side looked like light leakage or something like that ,then this popped up on Astro buy for £8 so should give a snug fit and once the outer area is blackened ,hopefully should do the trick .

MeadeUser

I have just bought an 250mm round EL panel from China with 12v powered inverter for £25, and some 5mm frosted acrylic sheets to make one of these, £33 in total, just hope it work well now... 🙂

Edited by MeadeUser

Bottletopburly
6 hours ago, MeadeUser said:

I have just bought an 250mm round EL panel from China with 12v powered inverter for £25, and some 5mm frosted acrylic sheets to make one of these, £33 in total, just hope it work well now... 🙂

That’s exactly what I did though I think I still need a sheet or two between panel and  frosted acrylic 

souls33k3r
On 22/03/2019 at 22:54, MeadeUser said:

Mind if i can ask for the link for this EL panel?

Sorry i've been looking for one and found this post and just registered 🙂

Thanks in advance

Bottletopburly
4 hours ago, souls33k3r said:

Thanks in advance

https://elwirecraft.co.uk/product/el-panel-25-x-25cm/  

mind you need the driver too powered by 12v  

the round one never turned up from China via alibaba so got a 25cm  square one and some frosted Perspex off  eBay 

https://flic.kr/p/T5GzD9

Edited by Bottletopburly

MeadeUser
On 05/04/2019 at 18:07, souls33k3r said:

Thanks in advance

Hi,

i bought mine from aliexpress with the 12v inverter, for £26 delivered, which is half the price you can pay here in the UK

here is the link, although it looks like they have gone up to £30 with free delivery...it was delivered within ten days, all good and well packaged.. 🙂

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/25cm-diameter-EL-backlight-el-panel-el-foil-el-car-plate-DC12V-free-shipping/32906156429.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.17424c4dF3W8Sy

🙂

Edited by MeadeUser