Jump to content

We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

  • Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

    Test

Nightspore

503 Notice?

Recommended Posts

Nightspore

A few times I've logged on I've got this 503 notice.

 

oDbG15r.png

 

I just wondered if this is a bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bino-viewer

I've not seen that before.

I am a Mac user, but use Safari, so tried it on Chrome to see and it loaded fine.

 

There was some downtime 3 or 4 weeks ago for maintenance, but this was well notified in advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc

I have had this message twice in about 20 log in attempts over the last week as well.

 

I wonder if Craig knows about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore
46 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

I've not seen that before.

I am a Mac user, but use Safari, so tried it on Chrome to see and it loaded fine.

 

There was some downtime 3 or 4 weeks ago for maintenance, but this was well notified in advance.

ouFbHQD.png

 

OK thanks. I'm getting it on my laptop (Ubuntu) as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore
36 minutes ago, Doc said:

I have had this message twice in about 20 log in attempts over the last week as well.

 

I wonder if Craig knows about it.

Definitely a bug then lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Doc

A mod will see this thread and might know about it, if not they will contact Craig our webmaster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore

Well, it's not a biggie, a browser refresh seems to fix it, but it might be a symptom of something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig

Thanks for letting me know @Nightspore - I wasn't aware of any problems. 🙂 

 

If it does it again, can you make a note of the date and time and let me know?

 

The website does go down at around 3am every night for a backup and that is the error that would normally be seen then, so any errors like that at other times are a problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore
9 minutes ago, Craig said:

Thanks for letting me know @Nightspore - I wasn't aware of any problems. 🙂 

 

If it does it again, can you make a note of the date and time and let me know?

 

The website does go down at around 3am every night for a backup and that is the error that would normally be seen then, so any errors like that at other times are a problem.

OK Craig. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bino-viewer

* STOP PRESS *

 

What was i saying.....?

 

I had the same '503' notice late last night, around 23:00 time

and now first thing this morning at 08:10

 

It was ok the second time i loaded it on both occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig

I've made a change to try to solve this. Please keep reporting any issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore
19 minutes ago, Craig said:

I've made a change to try to solve this. Please keep reporting any issues.

OK thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore

Same Service Temporarily Unavailable notice.

 

15:26 macOS/Chrome browser

Edited by Nightspore

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig

Thanks.

 

I'm still trying to get to the bottom of it, so please keep reporting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig
20 hours ago, Nightspore said:

OK Craig. FWIW it's not happened on my Chromebook.

It's not related to your machine or browser, so don't worry about that. 🙂 It's caused by a problem on the server.

 

I made a change at 4:20pm and I've been watching the error log since, with no recurrences so far. Fingers crossed - that may have fixed it.

 

Please do continue to report issues though - it's extremely handy to know when things don't work properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nightspore
12 hours ago, Craig said:

It's not related to your machine or browser, so don't worry about that. 🙂 It's caused by a problem on the server.

 

I made a change at 16:20pm and I've been watching the error log since, with no recurrences so far. Fingers crossed - that may have fixed it.

 

Please do continue to report issues though - it's extremely handy to know when things don't work properly.

OK thanks Craig. I just logged in with no problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Craig

A new patch for the software causing the error has been released, so I've switched back to it. Please let me know if you get the same error again and I'll revert the change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.