We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Nightspore

Altair ULTRAFLAT?

Streetbob

I bought the 15mm at PAS.  I find that my varifocal glasses don't give the best views with my 82 deg eyepieces so thought I'd give it a try.  The 15mm works really well for me and gives me better viewing.  They are well made, feel solid and aren't as expensive as 82 deg eps.  Stars stay accurate for most of the FOV, but do loose shape close to the edge.  I'm thinking of trying the 10mm.

Nightspore
3 hours ago, Streetbob said:

I bought the 15mm at PAS.  I find that my varifocal glasses don't give the best views with my 82 deg eyepieces so thought I'd give it a try.  The 15mm works really well for me and gives me better viewing.  They are well made, feel solid and aren't as expensive as 82 deg eps.  Stars stay accurate for most of the FOV, but do loose shape close to the edge.  I'm thinking of trying the 10mm.

Thanks for the info. What was the focal ratio of the scope you were using it in? I was thinking of the 15mm for my ED80 as it would give a 2mm exit pupil. 

Edited by Nightspore

Streetbob

I’ve used it in my 200mm reflector and Starwave 102 refractor and have liked the view in both. I’ll take it along to the meet on Saturday. If you can make it you can see it at least. 

Nightspore
7 hours ago, Streetbob said:

I’ve used it in my 200mm reflector and Starwave 102 refractor and have liked the view in both. I’ll take it along to the meet on Saturday. If you can make it you can see it at least. 

OK thanks. I also have a 102mm, f/7 Altair Starwave. So if it's good in an f/7 scope it should be good in the f/7.5 ED80.