• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My Hedgehog Helper!

Derbyshire Dave

Stick some cheap cat food out for them and a low bowl of water and they will keep coming back. You can tell it's hedgehogs feeding as they turn the bowl or saucer over after they have emptied it. Lovely creatures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We have two visiting our garden most nights, the wife feeds them mealworms and they love them, very noisey eaters. 

• Like 1

They are good to have in the garden to keep slugs down. We get them regularly and put water and cat food out for them when we see them

Edited by philjay
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, tuckstar said:

Except when they crawl in to your tent at silly o'clock ay Martyn!!

Tell me the story, was that Kelling?

Yeah, lovely to see. We have a bit of an issue with fencing, we’re going to leave it open!

Most of our fences are off the ground for about 4" to 1 allow me to strim under them and 2 allow wildlife to pass through.

I was spooked by one last year. Thought I’d dropped my hat until I went to pick it up. ?

3 hours ago, Streetbob said:

I was spooked by one last year. Thought I’d dropped my hat until I went to pick it up. ?

Flipping ‘eco! Scary stuff

I had one get into my tent and it tried to get into the rubbish bag for some left overs. Noisy bugger, I thought a person was in my tent, it did spook me.

3 hours ago, BAZ said:

I had one get into my tent and it tried to get into the rubbish bag for some left overs. Noisy bugger, I thought a person was in my tent, it did spook me.

Yeah, I bet it did Martyn, must sounded like a war going off at that range..