We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
Doc

First light for my new Clave 80/1208 Refractor

Streetbob

Glad it was as good as you hoped. Bet you’re looking forward to trying at Belper. 

philjay

Great stuff Mick glad you were able to give it a test. 80mm f15 quality achros give very little colour on the moon I find, my Towa is good that way as well. A bit later in the season give Epsilon Lyra a bash and let us know the minimum mag you can split the pairs with it.

Thats on of my tests when sorting scopes.

80mm f15 delivers a heck of a lot, there is so much apo frenzy these days people have forgotten how good a quality achro is. Lets face it centuries of astronomical discoveries have been made with long focus achros.

Edited by philjay

Bino-viewer

Pleased to hear its performing well Mick 😀🔭

Doc
1 hour ago, philjay said:

Great stuff Mick glad you were able to give it a test. 80mm f15 quality achros give very little colour on the moon I find, my Towa is good that way as well. A bit later in the season give Epsilon Lyra a bash and let us know the minimum mag you can split the pairs with it.

Thats on of my tests when sorting scopes.

80mm f15 delivers a heck of a lot, there is so much apo frenzy these days people have forgotten how good a quality achro is. Lets face it centuries of astronomical discoveries have been made with long focus achros.

It's opened my eyes a bit Phil, I didn't expect it to be as good as it is on double stars. As I said the split and view is cleaner then my APO.

BAZ

I'll bet you are really pleased with that Mick, it sounds brilliant. I have no doubt it won't take you long to get it fettled.

Doc

It doesn't look like it Phil, I think it uses shims. If you are at the next monthly meet I'll bring it along so you can have a look at it.