• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sawley or belper

wobby83

Oooh might pop along if I can (kids!) I need some help with my scope and mount....would anyone be willing ot help me sort it please??

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Daz Type-R

• wobby83

• catman161

• Doc

I drove past the power station this afternoon, and the big crane at the side of the cooling towers has gone, hopefully the light as well.

Guest Fluke
Oooh might pop along if I can (kids!) I need some help with my scope and mount....would anyone be willing ot help me sort it please??

Daz did a fine job setting mine up properly, I'm sure he'd help if you bring it along.

Sorry Daz lol

Edited by Fluke

Yep bring it along and I will have a go, it's no problem, happy to help!

:)

Guest Eddy

Might come along on my bike just for the social again :) because I know one of you friendly lot will let me have a peek through your scope :P

Lol thanks, it's me and my collimation with the scope.....I know for sure now the laser itself must be out.....I tried and failed haha. The mount on the other hand, I had trouble with the motor 'clicking' before, and the image would drop slightly then 'snap' back into place, I had a quick look at the gears inside to see if theres any burrs or obstructions. I couldn't see anything so when I put it back together I screwed it back slowly, enough so the gear is tight but not too tight to make it click again. It was ok for a bit but now, the mount won't track, or even move at slow slews, but will move on faster speeds. Maybe I haven't tightened it enough? I'm not sure.

Meet there at 9, it won't start getting dark until 10:30, I will bring my Baz battery if anybody needs power, not got my dew system yet!

If anybody gets lost or needs help, my number is 07970 436 898.

Meet there at 9, it won't start getting dark until 10:30, I will bring my Baz battery if anybody needs power, not got my dew system yet!

Nice one daz-I got all the things I planned to do done and more so I will be along between 9 and 10. Daz can you power a laptop from a Baz battery? I was really wanting someone to help me with trying to use my SPC900 with my laptop as last time all I could get from saturn was an out of focus mess! Hopefully Kim will come along as he said I could have a go with his powermate as I'm thinking of buying one to use with the webcam. See you in a bit Everyone.

Felix

Doubt it but we can have a go, have you got the connector to connect to a female cigarette adapter?

Doubt it but we can have a go, have you got the connector to connect to a female cigarette adapter?

No unfortunately not. Maybe next time then. After the wedding am looking into power sources and associated accessories as at present I have outside sockets So I just power laptop from there when observing in the back yard. See you in a while.

Its not looking good for me, my dopey better half has gone out to a birthday party and left her hand bag, with phone and keys here so its looking like i have to stay in to let her back in .

Its not looking good for me, my dopey better half has gone out to a birthday party and left her hand bag, with phone and keys here so its looking like i have to stay in to let her back in .

Gutted :(

Guest Steve

Hi - probably too late, but has anyone got a spare battery to cigarette lighter socket lead? Thought I had one, but it has evaporated.

No unfortunately not. Maybe next time then. After the wedding am looking into power sources and associated accessories as at present I have outside sockets So I just power laptop from there when observing in the back yard. See you in a while.

I'm looking to bring my lappy, I have a 12v converter thingy that will run from the 2nd cigarette hole thingy in my powertank (sorry all thingies lol!) I could let you have a go with it if you want to just grab Saturn, as that's all I want too. I've not used it yet...so it will be fun working it out! I got it from Maplins after a long chat with one of the guys there, he said it will do as its adjustable for output... I think? lol it comes with an array of connectors so it should fit most lappies. I have no idea on the battery drain but we can give it a go.

It's ok celeste, thanks very much for the offer though. I will just stick to visual tonight. Who knows it might kick me into gear to look or more than Saturn! I really would like to take a look at the realm of galaxies tonight. Thanks again. See you there. :)

Hi - probably too late, but has anyone got a spare battery to cigarette lighter socket lead? Thought I had one, but it has evaporated.

Brought mine just in case anybody asked!

:)

Thanks for the great night guys, even though it ended abruptly for me...lol. That's not a noise you soon forget! Only got Saturn and a very blurry Mars bagged, my mount misbehaved too much. Although we did see aload of satellites haha! I spent alot of time just watching them. Then at the end of the night I got a smack in the mouth pmsl....what a night!

Guest Eddy

I wonder who smacked you... *cough* Daz *cough*.

But yes an enjoyable night and good to meet some new faces.

Btw celeste was it just me or did my backend step out as I pulled onto the roundabout :rolleyes:

Edited by Eddy