• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New scope.

RonC

Having sold my MN190, which was just too heavy to keep moving about!! I have spent the last few days deciding on what to get.

I'm very happy with my ED80 pro and just need a scope with a smaller FOV for galaxies etc.

My choice at the moment is for a SW 150 PDS and a SW Coma corrector or maybe the Baader CC (not decided on that yet!)

I also checked out some 6@ RC scopes as I had one many moons ago and new that would fit the bill but, they all seem

to need to be ordered form China 2 - 4 weeks and the hassle that goes with it so changed my mind on that one!

Want to spend about £350 ish.

Any comments welcome please..

Ron

Took the plunge after reading numerous reviews on many different forums to buy a SW 150 PDS scope.

I've also ordered a bahtinov mask to match.

I'll be buying the Baader Mk3 CC in the near future as it also has great reviews.

So job done, just got to wait for the delivery man on Monday!!

Ron

• Like 4

I use the Baader cc  Ron ? at least the 150 will be a bit lighter  , bridge the rings with a handle makes lifting so much easier. 

Good choice Ron, I've always found my 150p produces better images than my 200p.

Thanks Andy, I've had one before but was only visual in those days! (early 2011).

Ron

Arrived from FLO on time and in good condition. Had to collimate it though and now sorting through EP holders and DSLR attachments, all good fun but I need a dark, starry night now!!

Going up to RVO for the CC when I can!

Ron

Edited by Ron Clarke
added text

Set up, balanced and ready for star checking tonight if possible!

Edited by Ron Clarke

Good first light but I can't put any images up!!?