• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

M81/82

dave.hardy2

I hope my new 150PDS can get images like this !! Great image and colour!! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ron Clarke said:

I hope my new 150PDS can get images like this !! Great image and colour!! ?

Thanks Ron. It's all about the processing. Just make sure you take plenty of lights and Flats. I didn't use darks as was dithering.

I'm dithering and not using darks, just need to get as many lights as I can!!

• Like 1

great work dave ,what stacker did you use ? did you use color module ,and use mask >stars> do >back to color module >sample ,this will then calibrate colour using the stars white sample ,if that makes sense to you .

Edited by Bottletopburly
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Bottletopburly said:

great work dave ,what stacker did you use ? did you use color module ,and use mask >stars> do >back to color module >sample ,this will then calibrate colour using the stars white sample ,if that makes sense to you .

Thanks Dave. I used DSS I'm afraid but have just stacked in Regim and will give that a go tomorrow. Used colour then selected a white star and ran from there but will give what you suggest a go. It's all double Dutch to me at the mo. I normally forget about colour on Startools and do all the colour balancing in CS6. I find Startools doesn't give a good colour balance on the stars as you can see from this image. Perhaps we need to get together sometime and you can show what you do.

6 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

I'm dithering and not using darks, just need to get as many lights as I can!!

Yep I agree shame it's not the time of year for lots of hours on a target. Roll on winter LOL

I have had a good play with the colour module on Startools and I hope you'd agree that this looks much better there isn't the strange star colours. I did use CS6 to finish it off.
I think I have lost some detail in the arms but that is a sacrifice I have had to make to get the colour balance better.

47702613822_84c15cf59d_k.jpg

• Like 1