We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
bryand

What type of mod?

bryand

Having got a spare EOS M10 camera, I'm contemplating having it modded for astro use.
There seems to be options for a Full Spectrum mod (strip out all the OEM filters) or for dedicated IR-pass filters to be substituted for the OEM filtration.
Anybody got any thoughts on which would be best for astro use?  
I'm tending towards the Full Monty option as the most versatile, with a clear clip-in filter to protect the sensor.

philjay

I went down the IR route with my 1000d years ago before clip in filters came on the scene. If you go down the full spectrum you can always try your hand at terrestrial photography for ghostly etherial qualities which is fun but a little bit "so last decade" with some folks