• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Mount control!!

RonC

Bit head scratching going on here! I have used the SW WiFi for about a year with no problems included a mount and scope change.

But last week it all started going a bit wrong. Alignment was getting difficult and got impossible.

I updated the app from SW from 1.11 to 1.16 but noticed some of the original apps good points were now missing, no 3 star align and one or two others missing.

It also struggled with alignment to a point where I started to use the handset!!

Today I tried and failed with both APT and Eqmod mount control so back to the handset!

Problem is, I am not next to the mount instead I am in a shed next door and it's a pain!!

But at least the handset is proving very accurate at the moment!!

Ron

Ron go into Eqmod and clear all alignment points , are you using platesolving in Apt if not I would highly recommend there is a tutorial on sgl by david Taurus  to make things easier to setup.