• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Sedge Warbler Attenborough

Derbyshire Dave

Had a great morning at Attenborough nature reserve this morning. Bit grey, but lovely views of Whitethroat and Sedge Warbler.

This Sedge Warbler was singing so hard he nearly, but not quite, drowned out the flipping people talking..

SedgeySmall

Never posted video before, it appears correctly here, on my flickr page. Can someone let me know if the little chap is singing your end??

Ta

• Confused 1

Yep that works fine Dave.

Heard lots of these but necer had chance to photograph any, well done

• Thanks 1

Nice one Dave, glad you enjoyed Attenborough. Did you get any Great Crested Grebes?

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Nice one Dave, glad you enjoyed Attenborough. Did you get any Great Crested Grebes?

Mick,

Thanks for recommending that I went there. Ages since I’d been and loved it. Only got some very long distance shots of Grebes doing the head bobbing thing.

Good views, and reasonable shots of Red Crested Pochard, Whiethroat, Chiff-Chaff and Sedge Warbler. I plan to return on a brighter day...

If I'm around Dave we will meet up as it's my local.

I went to Ouse Washes and got the Baikel Teal. Too far for photos but reasonable views through a spotting scope.

Edited by Doc

1 hour ago, Doc said:

If I'm around Dave we will meet up as it's my local.

I went to Ouse Washes and got the Baikel Teal. Too far for photos but reasonable views through a spotting scope.

The road is a bit like a roller coaster

Sorry Dave, i'm not seeing either images or video at my end.

Theres nothing at all, only your two worded lines ; no Flickr links either ??

(under your signature, there is a small box with a '?' in it. If i click on that, i get an error '404 not found' message ?)

Edited by Bino-viewer
typos

8 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

(under your signature, there is a small box with a '?' in it. If i click on that, i get an error '404 not found' message ?)

Rob,

Thanks for letting me know. Really not sure about this. I tried on my mobile or iPad and couldn't see it.

Are you using a PC/MAC and what browser are you using? Works here with Firefox and Internet Explorer

Perhaps I could get an administrator to have a look for future posts..

9 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

Ah fooled myself ther, sorry Rob. Works on PC with Firefox, but DOESN't work with Internet Explorer

Hi,

I'm using Mac + Safari, as i have for 7+ years.

It's normally very well behaved...! ?

Thanks Rob. I''ll send a message to Andy(Tuckstar) to see if he can suggest anything. It may be that there is a better format to post videos in, I used MP4 .. I'll post here with the result of that