• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Time saving idea

Starman 1967

HI guys I've had an idea it seems to have gone down well on astro photography for beginners Facebook page.so I thought i would share it here.

I have a spare main scope dovetail clamp fron my mount so I'm going to screw it to my wall and after I have finished imaging I'm going to un atach my whole rig from My mount and clamp it to my wall so it's all set up ready for the next time. Whilst it's on the wall I'll just drape a light cover over it to stop any dust. I'm going to make sure the fixings will cope with the weight as well and also put it somewhere it won't get knocked.

It could potentially save a lot of time.

Sounds a good idea providing you can get good anchorage for the weight.

Ron 

I would take a step back and think about it again. 

Don't know what scope you have. 

If it is a refractor you will have to space the clamp off the wall to allow for filter wheels ect. 

If it is a newt how are you going hold it and undo the clamp.

The clamp screws are going to be very close to the wall so again you will have to space it out.

For the room it will take up you would be better off putting a shelf up.

Much safer for your pride and joy as well.