• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Apt Update

Bottletopburly

Apt has an update coming 3.70 ,beta version can be downloaded which will now support Indi ,so if you have a asi AIR or stellarmate you can now use APT , i was toying with the idea of stellarmate , but browsing this week you can buy the Raspberry pi3 and the enclosure  which the stellarmate and AIR use fairly cheap and i assume load indi software and apt onto sd card and bobs your uncle ,one small astro pc, control from the living room,im assuming ekos stars would be your planetarium software ,not sure on the plate solving on APT via indi though would all the indexes need to be on the SD card ?  Maybe someone with a bit more knowledge of indi can enlighten me . 

Billy Boy on sgl gave a bit more info 

APT does now support INdI, but APT still has to be run on your PC it just connects to an raspberry PI running INdI server, rather than Ascom, there is no need for SM OS just INdI to be installed on an rpi.....

I've no idea what that was all about David, but it sounds good!! ?

6 hours ago, Ron Clarke said:

I've no idea what that was all about David, but it sounds good!! ?

Basically indi runs on Linux based computers  all the likes of zwo AIR and stellarmate run on raspberry Pi 

computers which are really small , so you can attach to your mount and control from your computer or tablet , won’t affect you Ron ?

Update on Apt ,it now supports indigo not indi ,similar thing but the new kid on the block , indigo not currently supporting deepskydad focuser but by the sound of it ,that is now on indigo to do list ,Apt not supporting dslr via indigo but will at Apt 3.80 so that shouldn't be too long 

more info here http://aptforum.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=2364 and about Indigo here http://www.indigo-astronomy.org/