We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the East Midlands Stargazers astronomy community today!

Test

Tweedledee

AWOL

Doc

So nice to hear from you again Pete, we were all worried something might have happened to you.

Sorry to hear about your depression and cataracts, as you say something an astronomer can do without, but I'm sure once they are operated on, you will feel much better. 

As for bee keeping talk to Rusty Strings he keeps bees.

As I said nice to hear from you and don't be a stranger, you have loads of friends here.

Ibbo

Good to hear from you.

Enjoy your garden project.

We are still here -pop in when you feel like it.

Ron Clarke

Good to hear from you and hope the operation goes to plan, you deserve it too. 

Take care

Ron

Graham

Great to see you back.

Was getting a little worried about you.

Best of luck with the eyes,

Keep in touch 👍

Bottletopburly

Good to hear from you Pete 👍 hope all goes well with op  and thanks for letting us all know what you’ve been up to , Garden looking good too .

Bino-viewer

Good to hear from you Pete.

Fingers crossed for your cataract operation.

Get well soon 😊

BAZ

Hi Pete, great to hear from you again. 

I am really sorry that you you have been through the mill with cataracts and depression, I hope the cataract op goes well and you get usable vision back. I also hope you are getting the correct help with your depression too, I have been through it and I am never sure if a cure is entirely possible.  The NHS may sadly not be in a position to offer the help you might need, but finding a Councillor on my own really helped, it was almost a light switch moment. 

The garden looks magnificent and regarding night vision, give me a shout, I have made a homebrew black light (940nm) IR night vision and it works up to over 100m away. Not in really full high def, but certainly usable.

All the best Pete.

Sheila

Good to see you are sorting stuff out.  We were getting a bit concerned about you ☺️

Smithysteve

Good to hear from you Pete! Your good humour, encouraging remarks and depth of knowledge is already being missed on EMS!

Your garden and new hobby looks interesting, Keep in touch matey! 👍

philjay

Nice to hear from you Pete and sorry to hear your having a rough time. Hope all goes well with the op and pop in anytime.

Edited by philjay

Streetbob

Hope all goes well for you.  You are missed on the forum for your advice and encouragement.  The pond looks fantastic and I find being more involved with the local wildlife is so rewarding.

Sunny Phil

Nice to hear from you. I can totally get your depression. I get it myself and have a few short/medium term issues that aren't going away in a hurry. I find astronomy helps me, as long as I don't wind myself up too much by trying for the perfect shot. As most of you know, I am somewhat financially challenged but am aware that some of the kit I have fills a nice niche that other peoples' kit doesn't.

I find that the NHS gives me just enough sessions to start unpeeling layers and then it stops.

From what I've learned depression and anxiety is all too common and several family members have it. Unfortunately, a few years ago, I lost a cousin to suicide. I understand a lot about what triggers it in my case but do not have an easy solution.

djpaul

Hi Pete.

Good to hear from you.

I also had major issues 2 years ago with my eye sight.

So I fully understand what cloudy vision feels like.

Take care.

Regards Paul 

Edited by djpaul