• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Gradient removal

Bottletopburly

If you struggle to remove gradients in whatever processing package you use ,say for instance photoshop regim has a gradient removal tool ,Run regim ,open your tif file >Edit>remove gradient>Generate >execute > save as. http://www.andreasroerig.de/regim/regim.xhtml  i would be interested to see what someone else thinks of it,you need the latest Java for regim btw .

4 hours ago, red dwalf said:

looks a good find David, i`ll give it a whirl

I have been using it for stacking , but you can use it on images not stacked by regim , which is handy 

• 2 weeks later...

seem to be having trouble installing it, any ideas ? i`m using windows 10, i have also installed the latest Java too.

On 31/05/2019 at 20:26, red dwalf said:

seem to be having trouble installing it, any ideas ? i`m using windows 10, i have also installed the latest Java too.

When you unzip regim within the folder , have you got as far as running,  large cmd it then runs like a dos page first ?

I get the dos page loading or running when I unzip the regim folder but that's about as far as it goes, at the end of the dos page it says error. Is there an icon generated to start the program ?

Edited by red dwalf

7 minutes ago, red dwalf said:

I get the dos page loading or running when I unzip the regim folder but that's about as far as it goes, at the end of the dos page it says error. Is there an icon generated to start the program ?

No you unzip regim then from that folder run large cmd every time , you can try small cmd , I’m on w10 too what version of Java are you on 

9 hours ago, red dwalf said:

Update java to latest 18.1 I think it was

Drop Andreas an email I had an issue at first but there was an issue with the program and he quickly tweaked it and after that it worked , I will look later and Dropbox if I can the regim copy I have rob .

Edited by Bottletopburly

• 2 months later...

@red dwalf did you ever get regim working ? i had to reinstall due to reformatting pc, had a problem with java the issue was i had installed 32 bit not 64 bit installed correct version now working ,also had to re install libraw and set paths in prefrences .

Yes bud, many thanks, the version you sent me worked fine, just not had chance to use it so far

• Like 1