• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Problematic night

Bottletopburly

So first time out in ages and quite a few windows updates in that time , 

APT wasn’t playing ball not loading lots of head scratching , ran as administrator , loaded sometimes so updated to latest version, loading but buggy, camera not connecting a few restarts later finally got that working , guiding not playing ball though that’s down to mount needing tweaking to stiff in Dec /RA could hear a little tick as it was slewing need to adjust so all in all a miserable night aaaaaahhhhhh 

Edited by Bottletopburly

I had a problematic night too......my alarm went off at O2:35hrs with work beckoning ?

• Haha 2

Me too!! Could not work out why I could see no guide stars, check the cam, checked the leads and restarted PHD a few times. Wasn't till I was packing away that I noticed that  i had not switched on the dew band on the guide scope and it was dewed up!! You live and learn! Still got 6 more Messiers for my list!!

• Like 1

And me. I have a ZWO guide cam and a ZWO main cam, just occasionally PHD2 gets confused. It did last night. Then later kicked the  power lead out and had to re-calibrate. Got a good hour in, then the mist rolled in?

Rolled apt back 2 versions  need to speak to ivo