• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Vixen Porta II/Polaris APP-TL130

Nightspore

Just arrived. Balance tests seem good. Pictured here with ED72 and the slightly unfashionable 19mm Luminos.

8hNBqk2.jpg

I've set the friction clutches for the ED72. The new Vixen slo mo extension knobs are a vast improvement on the old ones.

FitDlut.jpg

Above with the much more fashionable 36mm Baader Hyperion Aspheric.

yG6n2MU.jpg

I'm impressed with the groovy little bag. Well, when I finally got my head around it. Hopefully I can test it tonight.  ?

It was pretty easy to set up, although later getting it back into the groovy little bag wasn't so easy lol. I'll need to practice.

C4jQxx2.jpg

It was very steady with the ED72. If I knocked the legs accidentally the return was rapid. The tripod legs are more spread out than the AZ5 so care has to be taken not to trip over them when turning the OTA in the azimuth. The advantage is that I can get an observing chair nearer the eyepiece in between the legs.