• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

ASI AIR

Alec

Not sure if anyone else is using the Asiair but ive managed to fully test it last night against my usual hard wired connections, using PH2 for guiding and backyard EOS. I have completely  configured it work with either laptop, iPhone and android tablets. For use on the laptop I've run the asiair app and skysafari 6 pro through the BlueStacks emulator over the Asiair wireless network.

As its an IOptron mount I can connect the asiair through the IOptron commander and again connect wirelessly with full function. Linking IOptron to stellarium scope gives me connectivity and control through Stellarium. 

I also tested the new polar alignment tool in the latest beta asiair , against my polemaster and the results were virtually identical. For some reason I struggled to get any good guide stars with the oag so swapped to my trusty guide scope ( nearly as big as my wo61) I have to say this little bit of kit is awesome. Polar align, slew to target, plate solve, the guiding function is as good as PHD . Simple easy to use mobile software all on one program.

large.ALD_5255.jpg.4133952f4cfef7a07772e8c5b0fbd9e8.jpg

large.1863575806_NGC7000MOD02072019ALD.jpg.0b44eb7d45be037f1016a3abc14b446b.jpg

Test using asiair guiding function on NGC7000.  3 minute subs happy no star trails ?

• Like 1

nice compact setup alec , what battery bank are you using ,size capacity ,i just got the pi4 i think that needs a 5v 3amp supply just awaiting the case 

7 hours ago, Alec said:

I got it from Amazon works well

large.1991855447_Batterypack.jpg.828ebc7e62bac423e6405a1f8f197bd5.jpg

I need a three amp version , quick google they do power bank  in 4amp too , not that I need power bank just yet as I have power at pier