• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

My observing mate

Ibbo

I noticed on the cctv this morning I had a family of three come through the front garden , 

I built one as well Steve, ours sometimes sleeps in it as well, thinking about building another one.

Lovely to see Steve. I had one earlier in the year, it was such a special sight.

Tempted to build a box, but we are going down the puppy route in a few weeks, so I guess I’m going to have to make the garden dog proof, so that’s going to stop access.

I used to get them snuffling around the observatory. Had some fox cubs in the field next to the obs one year, then a few years back our neighbour at the time his cat thought it great fun to sit on the obs wall and watch me, every so often if I didnt pay enough attention to him he would tap me on my head.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A neighbour's cat used to come and see me while observing from the front garden and our dogs have always come out when I've been in the back garden. I've sometimes held them up to the eyepiece when viewing the Moon. No feedback, though. Not so much as a "woof".

Cats are not welcome here, nor to be honest is the hedgehog esp by the smaller brown dobermonster.

They are on the other hand interested in the cat food in the hog hotel.

• Like 1