• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Weybourne Sandmartins

philjay

Taken last week on my annual camping trip to Weybourne. I do not remember these fellows nesting in the cliffs last year they were really busy catching insects on the wing to feed their young and it was great to see the youngsters waiting expectantly for the parents. I chose ISO 800 thinking this would be fast enough to catch the parents in flight, naah, still a blur, they are so fast.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

Didn't they have netting on these cliffs to stop them nesting, there was a big stink about it on Twitter.

That was Becton Mick, the other side of Cromer. I was wondering if that was why they made an appearance at Weybourne, seeing as their usual nesting cliffs were netted.

I see the council relented and took them down partially in April, probably too late hence the birds moved up the coast to Weybourne