• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

IC 1396 Attempt at SHO Hubble

Bassinghamobservatory

This is my first attempt at a tri-colour narrowband image and I am struggling with getting the blues and golds of the Hubble pallet. I am using Pixinsight as I am not adept with layers in Photoshop. It is getting close but not there yet. Any good suggestions welcome.

large.1503548725_IC1396SHOv2.jpg.b31e695e0a82926a6290a0e2ef81f1d5.jpg

It has been captured with the usual gear - SW ED80 and IMG2PRO, Baader NB filters. Approx 20 x 300s each filter.

• Like 3

Great start.

Go into photo shop and use the selective colours  to adjust your image to how you want it.

Thanks Graham. I try to avoid Photoshop because I am not familiar with it. I know that sounds alien to a Photoshop user when PI looks so complicated. I suppose I will have to take a deep breath and dive in!

Just hit the image tab, then adjustments, then selective colour.

It will astound you what it can do.

Many thanks Graham. That has been a great help. Had to be heavy on the adjustments and it was still a bit green so back to PI and SCNR. Perhaps it is still a bit on the green side but certainly an improvement. Also rather noisy but perhaps a result of the bright skies at this time of year. I have used a light touch with noise reduction otherwise it loses some sharpness. Just don't view it too large!

large.75716299_IC1396SHOv2_PS_scnr_tgv.jpg.959265a90dce48fc376f874c66c4f8db.jpg

Great shot Graham, much improved by your tweaks