• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

This was a good one, anyone see it.

At 08 28 and 10 seconds this little beauty came over the horizon.

It was travelling across and slightly toward me .

It lasted for over 2 mins.

If anyone got a sighting of this let me know.

spacer.png

• Like 2

Nice capture ....

I don't think I ever got a visual of any of the hits my detector got when it was running.

I managed to get my system back up on Wednesday but I think I might have a problem with my Funcube Pro+ dongle, it looks like it's had a bit of a knock around the sma connector, so I'm going to swap it over for a spare SDR dongle tonight and see if I can prove the spec labs config files out.

Once I know everything is working I'm going to move it over from my laptop to a currently unused mini stick-PC.

I've had it running successfully on that before and it's much smaller, cooler and less power hungry than leaving a laptop on 24/7.

And if I use AnyDesk (a Teamviewer alternative)  for remote access I can run it without a monitor - removing a significant noise source.