• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

3 or 4 man tent - FOUND

RonC

I need a tent for Kelling this year, we sold our little caravan because it all started to go wrong!

Can't replace it till next year so I need a good sized tent for the star camp.

Anyone selling one please??

Ron

Edited by Daz Type-R

A general rule of thumb is to divide the number by two to get what I would consider to be comfortable and have room for your gear. That one I have is a 6 man tent and although it seems big, living in it for a week is fine with room to move without tripping over stuff.

Don't go too cheap either, it won't last you.

Have a look on UK Campsite and read the reviews for any tent you think about buying before you get it, some are superb and some are just lemons.

https://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/

• Like 2

Plus one for goimg bigger. 2 man tents are fine if you dont have loads of gear, however I had a Kyham 2 man tourer 200 for awhile and that was Ok for just me and gear.

Gone for a Vango Ascott 500 Tent, similar size to above but has some great write ups and reviews. Got a footprint as well.

i`m not using my tent anymore Ron, don`t know if you remember what it looks like but very well insulated with a top cover and plenty of room in the inside to set up a table and computer, one of the zips is slightly failty but has two doors anyway, 2 sleeping bays which take a double size airbed with ease, £50 if your interested.

23 hours ago, red dwalf said:

i`m not using my tent anymore Ron, don`t know if you remember what it looks like but very well insulated with a top cover and plenty of room in the inside to set up a table and computer, one of the zips is slightly failty but has two doors anyway, 2 sleeping bays which take a double size airbed with ease, £50 if your interested.

and fun to put up eh Rob 

Yes it's fun to put up, trick it to take a photo, something I never did but meant to, it's warm tent though with double skin and never let water in

Sorry Rob, already bought one but thanks for the offer. What are you 'in' this year at Kelling?

Ron

• 2 weeks later...