• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Space film

Bottletopburly

Watched salyut 7   recommended by a friend ,Russian film subtitled very good I thought , based on a real event  referred to as the Russian Apollo 13 movie , well worth a look , good visuals it’s on amazon prime I got it on google play .

Will watch this when i get the chance, thanks.

The Russians have had plenty of mishaps up there, i'm sure, and i bet they've kept some of them under wraps ?

For instance, it wasn't common knowledge that Alexei Leonov's first spacewalk in history came close to killing him,

until he admitted it himself many years later.....

• Like 1

On 21/08/2019 at 20:20, Bino-viewer said:

Will watch this when i get the chance, thanks.

The Russians have had plenty of mishaps up there, i'm sure, and i bet they've kept some of them under wraps ?

For instance, it wasn't common knowledge that Alexei Leonov's first spacewalk in history came close to killing him,

until he admitted it himself many years later.....

There were rumours of a spaceflight before Yuri Gagarin where a cosmonaut was in his craft out of control. Apparently, they got him back but he went mad.