• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Wymeswold IC1805

Brilliant Kev, excellent tracking for the 600’s, spot on focus. Lovely detail, well done!

Thanks, folks! Much appreciated.

Early days, but I think the mods seem to be having a positive effect.

One thing I've noticed is my 2nd Olympus E-PL5 exhibits far less noise than my 1st.

It's not even close, which is odd, as they are exactly the same make and model.

Looking at the same stretched darks, you would be forgiven for thinking they were completely different brand cameras.

Is this typical between different batches of the same camera?

17 minutes ago, 8472 said:

Thanks, folks! Much appreciated.

Early days, but I think the mods seem to be having a positive effect.

One thing I've noticed is my 2nd Olympus E-PL5 exhibits far less noise than my 1st.

It's not even close, which is odd, as they are exactly the same make and model.

Looking at the same stretched darks, you would be forgiven for thinking they were completely different brand cameras.

Is this typical between different batches of the same camera?

You wouldn't have thought so would you? They surely have strict quality control across the production process. Maybe it's a later version, but you would expect them to change the model number or give a suffix, like v2 etc.

Thats a great picture Kev and reinforces what I have been banging on about re mirrorless cameras. Never tried one seriously for DSO but when I get back in to imaging I shall give it a go. Well done