• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Meteor Detections - August 2109

Meteor Detections - August 2019

My detector has only been running for part of the month and only really been stable since the 19th Aug (that's when I mostly stopped messing with it!)

Some times of the captures this month may vary by an hour as I was using BST but now changed to GMT but any duplication in numbers have been removed.

Future reports should contain a full months data.

Total detections (August 19th-31st):  3410

Many detections are very short pings with a duration of less than 5, some are far longer.

Many of the shorter detections have a higher (brighter) signal/noise ratio than the longer ones.

Meteor detctions per day: Meteors per day = Highest 372/Day

lYD6Kaj.jpg?1

Meteor detections: Meteors vs Hour (rates seen rather than every detection) = Highest 35/Hr

Lnyjc9y.jpg?1

Meteor detections:  Duration vs Hour. (duration levels seen rather than every detection) =Longest Duration 132

9b97h9u.jpg?1

A selection of the longest duration detections during the month.

8zaTIjb.gif

My trace scrolls down covering 60s and is zoomed in to capture more detail in the image.

The image that shows dur 111 is actually the one at 132 in the chart, but it ran off the screen.