• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

New/Old member come back

Celeste

Hi guys, not sure if anyone will remember me. I have been a longtime member but not posted much the last few years due to so many things going on in my life. Being DX'ed with cancer and having major surgery took me out for a year, but now I am getting my mojo back for astro again. My poor kit has been so neglected lol, but it will be going on a trip to Kelling this weekend coming. It would be nice to pop down to the blue field to say hello to you all at some point :) 

Here's hoping I can relearn how to use my kit again ?

welcome back. Its great you are recovering well from the cancer. 

I'm not going to Kelling but i hope you have a good time and clear skiez

Welcome back. Great that you are feeling better and getting back into astro again. Cya at kelling

Edited by TasKiNG

Welcome back Nicky. Glad you're on the up. I'm at kelling at the weekend but in the yellow field, although I'm often loitering in the blue field.

Hay, good to have you back, of course still remember you.

Pop down to the blue field, you can’t miss us if you take the main road from reception (rather than from the red field).

im on pitch 224, will be a caravan, pop in and I will stick the kettle on (or beer!!!!), Sheila is next door but one and Martyn is near by, still quite a lot of the old guard kicking about. 

Ayup Nicky, it's good to hear from you again, it sounds like you have been through a lot and I hope that continues to improve for you.

As Daz said there's still some of us old duffer's knocking about. I am on 241, so the kettle would also be on here too! Safe trip, you got stuck at Eye last time if I remember correctly, so I hope you make it this time.

14 hours ago, BAZ said:

Safe trip, you got stuck at Eye last time if I remember correctly, so I hope you make it this time.

Blimey you have a good memory lol, yes we did get stuck in Eye. A lorry caught fire and we couldn't get through. But I will be there this year :)

Thanks all for the (re)welcome 

Hi Nicky

Good to cya again - I've been a bit out of it myself too due to similar circumstances. Glad you're on the mend. I'm not at Kelling this year but hope to catch up with you at a local meeting sometime soon. Welcome back! ?