We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Bottletopburly

Mulling camera over

Bottletopburly

I'am mulling over whether to upgrade my 1000D to  a better DSLR (not thinking of ccd route just yet ) which has been a good entry level camera  but looking for less noise and a cleaner image so i am thinking a secondhand 600D or similiar better canon asp-c sensor or do i like chris look for a 5D mk2 now secondhand you can pick both these up reasonably priced ,now the Technosky  Frac can take a full frame , not sure about the 200pds and i would probably be able to move on the 1000D easily enough as it is modded, now i'm in no rush and probably be a few months , Thoughts on this anyone .  

Bino-viewer

6D  

One of forums 'expert' imagers uses one (i forget his name but his images are outstanding)

They are now 7 years old, and sourcing one at a good price should be fairly straightforward.

Bottletopburly
5 hours ago, Bino-viewer said:

6D  

One of forums 'expert' imagers uses one (i forget his name but his images are outstanding)

They are now 7 years old, and sourcing one at a good price should be fairly straightforward.

6D nice but s/h would like to keep  under £300  which  5D and  600D  can be had for 

Bino-viewer

You can get a 5D for less than £300 ?

I'm surprised : i thought the 5D was the more upmarket camera.

Remember the 6D is basically a scaled down 5D.

I'd put a wanted ad in UKABS for a 6D and see what you come up with.

Check London Camera Exchange too........they may have something, and it will be kosher as well.

Bottletopburly
41 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

You can get a 5D for less than £300 ?

I'm surprised : i thought the 5D was the more upmarket camera.

Remember the 6D is basically a scaled down 5D.

I'd put a wanted ad in UKABS for a 6D and see what you come up with.

Check London Camera Exchange too........they may have something, and it will be kosher as well.

There are a few bargains to be had  there’s a seller on eBay that I got my 500 d off  he has some good deals , I will be tracking what’s going for the newer few months see what’s about 

Never owned or used one but apparently the Nikon D5300 is hard to beat DSLR-wise for astro - better than any Canon.

You should be able to find a used example under your budget.

Won't work with Canon lenses though, as the flange focal distance is incompatible.

Bottletopburly

@8472 cheers Kev just had a look , very impressed managed to find an image on astrobin using d5300 and with the same scope I have though a rebranded Meade definitely a contender and secondhand prices are good too.

https://www.astrobin.com/s7t7zw/?page=2&nc=user

Edited by Bottletopburly

Bottletopburly
On 03/10/2019 at 07:47, 8472 said:

Never owned or used one but apparently the Nikon D5300 is hard to beat DSLR-wise for astro - better than any Canon.

You should be able to find a used example under your budget.

Won't work with Canon lenses though, as the flange focal distance is incompatible.

Incoming Kev D5300  ?

On 06/10/2019 at 06:34, Bottletopburly said:

Incoming Kev D5300  ?

Great stuff, David.

They love them the other side of the pond, but most seem to go with Canon over here.

Do post some images!

Bottletopburly
5 minutes ago, 8472 said:

Great stuff, David.

They love them the other side of the pond, but most seem to go with Canon over here.

Do post some images!

Will do ? ordered Saturday and being delivered this morning.

Bottletopburly

Checked camera last night shutter count is 1800 resolution is 6000 x 4000 pixels and pixel size is  3.92 .