• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Heart and Soul

RonC

when you dither and stack the images all together you get that black edge which you have on the heart Nebula, first thing to do before any processing is to crop it away and it will tidy up the histogram on the left, i.e. dark side, you`ll be better able to move the dark slider closer to the real dark edge of the histogram if your using Photoshop type processing software, did you get flats, darks and bias frames too ? 

2 hours ago, Graham said:

They are fine Ron.

The Heart is great.

Fine indeed, agree with Graham, like the Heart best, very nicely framed.

I did not have any flats available at Kelling and used Bias as Darks but I also took some Darks which I used.

As far as cropping is concerned, I had trouble with PS. Everytime I cropped an image it turned into a small dot?? Yet to sort that out!!

I've re-installed PS and it seems to be OK now! (fingers crossed!)

I will re-stack with Flats etc over the coming week to see if I can improve them now PS is fixed as well!

Ron

I've had that issue with the crop tool Ron. It's to do with the preset size of the crop. If you look in the toolbar at the top for the crop tool, there is a clear button. Clicking that sorts out the issue..

Dave

On 30/09/2019 at 21:47, Ron Clarke said:

I did not have any flats available at Kelling and used Bias as Darks but I also took some Darks which I used.

As far as cropping is concerned, I had trouble with PS. Everytime I cropped an image it turned into a small dot?? Yet to sort that out!!

I brought a light box with me to Kelling, Ron.

If I'd known I'd have lent it to you!