• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Catalina and Starry Night Bork?

Nightspore

Has anyone had any rendering issues with macOS Catalina and Starry Night?

https://starrynight.com/starry-night-8-professional-astronomy-telescope-control-software.html

6tOMxCm.jpg

The upgrade went well but I discovered that SN7 wouldn't render the time properly in the GUI.

Sa9egPL.png

I figured uninstalling SN7 and then upgrading to SN8 would fix this.

8mMgWUk.jpg

I was wrong. 

I'm still on Majave at present and hadn't realised the latest OS was available.

I don't use any astro planetarium software apart from Sky Safari so can't help with that and only

suggest you contact the Starry Night developers somehow so they can log the fault.

29 minutes ago, Bino-viewer said:

I'm still on Majave at present and hadn't realised the latest OS was available.

I don't use any astro planetarium software apart from Sky Safari so can't help with that and only

suggest you contact the Starry Night developers somehow so they can log the fault.

I have SkySafari 6 Pro on Mac, Android and Chrome OS. I only wish there was an Ubuntu/Debian version. I originally got SN free with one of my Orion scopes. After an SN upgrade it borked on Win 7 so I took a chance on the 'Enthusiast'. I liked it so much I downloaded it on my Mac. 

The only problem with contacting SN is that it's impossible. I've tried, I really have. Stellarium won't get past Gatekeeper on macOS either. 

Looks like I'm sticking with SkySafari lol.

• 2 weeks later...