We politely request that members refrain from discussing politics and/or the Brexit debate on East Midlands Stargazers. Let's keep it to the topic at hand... Clouds. ☁️

• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

Test

Sign in to follow this  
David

Hello and Thanks

David

Hi everyone, I'm David and a complete novice. Thanks for allowing me on board. The night sky has always held a fascination for me and I aspire to produce images like the ones shown in the gallery. I have the kit for wide sky astrophotography, Skywatcher star adventurer mini along with my Pentax K3 and various lenses. I have a secondhand Meade 8inch LXD55 SCT with goto mount (faulty) and I have recently acquired a Starwatcher Startravel 120 along with a pair of 15x70 Starwatcher binoculars.  Budget contraints mean that this is it for the foreseeable future however I am working on the basis that I have a big learning curve ahead of me and so until I can start to produce anything remotely reasonable, any more advanced equipment will have to wait. I am looking forward to learning from what I see on the forum. Thanks again

BAZ

Hi David, a warm welcome to the forum. If you are going straight to astro photography, you sure are on a steep learning curve, not to say it can't be done though.

If you haven't already got it, download Stellarium, a great free planetarium app, that can help you find your way round the sky. Make good use of those bino's and learn where some of the stuff is in the sky and the only real criteria for good astro images is the consummate ability to swear proficiently. 

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

Rusty Strings

Hi David and welcome to EMS