• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hi from Newbie in Notts

AstroTim

Hi All,

I’m an astronomy newbie. I’m mainly doing visual observing (primarily planets and lunar at the moment) but hope to progress onto some simple imaging in the near future, again starting with planets.

Look forward to maybe meeting some of you at one of the dark sites sometime.

Tim

Hi Tim, a warm welcome to the forum. Have a mooch round and make yourself at home. Any questions, then please feel free to ask, someone will be along to help.

Keep an eye on info and announcements section as ad hoc meetings are posted there. Your first visit is free to see if you get on with it, then a subscription of £20 annually. This is to pay for the rent of the two sites and insurance.

Enjoy your stay.

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

In terms of kit, I have a C5, C8, Binoviewer, and a few eyepieces + a 2x Barlow. I have also recently acquired a ZWO colour camera but have yet to use it in anger (I’ve spent a couple of evenings taking some test captures but I’ve yet to work out how to get a decent image from it). I have been trying SharpCap, Autostakkert, and Registax to capture and process the images. The seeing wasn’t particularly great on the evenings I had a go at imaging though.

Tim