• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

EMS5 free pitch

Allan the Plumber

Hi all with work and just having 3 weeks off I can’t justify taking another long weekend off for EMS5 

if anyone wants to use my pitch it’ll be free Friday Saturday? I think please check with mods if it’s allowed but if you imagers need extra power my pitch electric will be free

have a great weekend and I hope the sky’s stay clear 

Given where pitch 20 is, I can use its power to charge my car, which will keep the car off the field.

Assuming nobody wants the pitch, that is.

Please check with admin first but not sure think they might want to use it for setting up kit please check with the Forum heads 

Shame you can't make it @Allan the Plumber but fully understand why. 😞 

With regards to the spare pitch, I do not see it being a problem but let me just run it past the others first, in case they are aware of a reason why you cannot that I am not aware of.

Thanks Daz and again sorry can’t make it are you taking the Caravan or do you still have that 6 bedroom mansion tent you used to take ?

I only ask as my motorhome satnav doesn’t like the route (you put in dimensions of motorhome) so it won’t send you the wrong size route, and ask I was saying to Shelia I reckons I’ll might get stuck !! You never know with these satnav things 

I have seen large caravans on the site so I am not sure how they got there then? 
I am certainly in trouble as I only have the bus to go there in if it’s too narrow

Edited by Sheila

Having spent a bit of time on google maps street view it is a case of like normal take a bit of care on the curvey and narrow bits.

This one

Some folks have been concerned about getting large RVs and caravans up to the site.  The best route isn't the most obvious:

If you're coming up the A396 from Tiverton and the M5, don't turn off for Dulverton or for Winsford, but continue on the A396 and take the B3224 heading for Simonsbath.
When you get to Exford, note the White Horse pub just before the bridge over the Exe (decent bar meals).  Continue toward Simonsbath about a mile and then turn left towards Dulverton.
This takes you over Winsford Hill, heading Eastward to approach the campsite from above, along wide and not very windy roads.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Thats the route I followed on google maps

• Thanks 1

Thats the route i'll be taking......and i'll have a navigator with me this time as well 🙂

11 hours ago, Allan the Plumber said:

Hi all with work and just having 3 weeks off I can’t justify taking another long weekend off for EMS5 

if anyone wants to use my pitch it’ll be free Friday Saturday? I think please check with mods if it’s allowed but if you imagers need extra power my pitch electric will be free

have a great weekend and I hope the sky’s stay clear 

Shame Allan, we'll miss you

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ibbo said:

This one

Some folks have been concerned about getting large RVs and caravans up to the site.  The best route isn't the most obvious:

If you're coming up the A396 from Tiverton and the M5, don't turn off for Dulverton or for Winsford, but continue on the A396 and take the B3224 heading for Simonsbath.
When you get to Exford, note the White Horse pub just before the bridge over the Exe (decent bar meals).  Continue toward Simonsbath about a mile and then turn left towards Dulverton.
This takes you over Winsford Hill, heading Eastward to approach the campsite from above, along wide and not very windy roads.

Hope that helps,

Bryan

Thats the route I followed on google maps

Thanks Bryan, very helpful

1 minute ago, Derbyshire Dave said:

Shame Allan, we'll miss you

Sorry 😐