• Join the online East Midlands astronomy club today!

With active forums, two dark sites and a knowledgeable membership, East Midlands Stargazers has something for everyone.

Hello

peter hawkyard

Good Evening,

Bit of a telescope newbie but with a long standing interest in the heavens, rediscovering my interest thanks to my son. Back garden a bit rubbish coz of a great big street light but still managed Saturn with a view of the rings, Andromeda (just) and beautiful views of the Pleiades this evening. Looking forward to more.

Hi Peter and welcome to EMS. There's a few away at an EMS starcamp in Somerset this weekend so it may be a bit quieter than normal. Good to have you on board, don't be afraid to ask ANY questions I'm sure someone will have an answer for you..

Ron

Hi Peter, a warm welcome to the forum.  It does get difficult to find somewhere to view from with light pollution being as it is. It has got better and some towns like Melton have the lights turn off after midnight.

You would be very welcome to join us down one of our dark sites and view from there, keep an eye on the announcements and info page. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them, someone will help out.

Make yourself at home and enjoy the forum.